ProVia today announced it has been named a 2013 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year for its innovations in energy-efficient door manufacturing. This U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) award recognizes the company for its contributions in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and educating consumers about energy efficiency. Award winners are selected from the nearly 20,000 organizations that participate in the ENERGY STAR program. ProVia’s accomplishments will be recognized at an awards ceremony in Washington, D.C., on March 26, 2013.
ProVia, an ENERGY STAR partner since 2002, is honored for its leadership in manufacturing products that earn the ENERGY STAR, the government-backed symbol of energy efficiency.
Following are some of the achievements that demonstrate ProVia’s leadership in manufacturing ENERGY STAR products:
Sammy The Star
- ProVia increased the number of ENERGY STAR qualified door packages in 2012 by 7.4%.
- Insulating foam-filling technology is now added to ProVia’s WX9600 series vinyl sliding glass patio doors, improving thermal performance. Rather than using traditional expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam, ProVia uses BASF’s superior insulating Neopor® lEPS foam with graphite to further lower the frame u-factor.
- ProVia is the only major entry and patio door manufacturer that prints a custom, color NFRC/ENERGY STAR label for everyproduct, to eliminate confusion for consumers. This label contains only one set of NFRC data, with the ENERGY STAR qualification clearly represented.
- In 2012 ProVia trained salespeople at 89% of dealer locations, a 62% increase over 2011. This sales force helps homeowners understand the value of well-crafted energy efficient entry and patio doors.
- ProVia offers a two-day Installer Certification Program to teach proper door installation and sealing. A quality installation and weathertight seal are critical to the performance of an energy efficient door. In 2012, ProVia trained 59% more installers than in 2011.
- In 2012, ProVia launched a children’s educational campaign to show young consumers how to save energy and be environmentally responsible. ProVia accomplishes this through an in-school educational program andSammy the Star children’s educational coloring book.
- ProVia’s online Thermal Performance Calculator helps homeowners find energy efficient products.
- Many entry doors have an opening cut into the slab to install a glazing lite. While most manufacturers send this cutout to a landfill, ProVia supplies the larger steel cutouts to manufacturers that reuse them to build insulated sheds. The remaining cutouts that can’t be reused are recycled into scrap steel.
“Our partnership with ENERGY STAR allows us to provide high quality products that help consumers save energy and money,” says ProVia President Brian Miller. “We see growing demand for high-performing products that also help protect the environment.”
“Through their commitment to producing quality energy-efficient ENERGY STAR products, ProVia has demonstrated their commitment to saving consumers money and protecting our environment,” said Bob Perciasepe, Acting Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. “ProVia is recognized today for this outstanding effort that has helped protect the climate for all Americans.”
Headquartered in Sugarcreek, Ohio, ProVia is a leading manufacturer of professional-class entry doors, storm doors, patio doors, windows, vinyl siding and manufactured stone. The professional-class designation reflects the company’s high level of quality, service and customization. ProVia has been an ENERGY STAR® Partner with the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy since 2002, and has won the prestigious ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award for Door Manufacturing four times, and the ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence award three times. The company employs approximately 500 people at its headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Sugarcreek, Walnut Creek, Baltic and Zanesville, Ohio, and Booneville, Miss. For more information, visit www.proviaproducts.com.